About Me

My photo
Navigating life after losing my husband.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm craving something

It's almost midnight and I'm craving something. It started with a jar of green olives.

I thought I was craving green olives yesterday, so I bought a jar. This afternoon I cracked the jar open and ate 10, sucking the pimentos out of each one. Good, but didn't quite do it for me.

I guess it must be the salt I need, so I eat a handful of of ripple chips. Huh. That wasn't it.

While I'm making cookies for church tomorrow, I eat three chocolate-peanut butter-chip ones.

Wow. I'm really thirsty. I drink two glasses of cold milk.  Still thirsty. Drink another glass.

Better. But I think I need something healthy. Maybe that's why I'm not getting satisfied. I make a chicken-almond and spinach salad and toss five green olives onto the salad.

I eat the salad. I try to distract myself. But I'm still thinking about the olives. I eat four more.

I'm contemplating draining the juice and drinking it. But that sounds like something I shouldn't admit to.

I eat two more olives.

There are five olives left in the jar.

I'm probably going to get up in the middle of the night and finish them off.

Tomorrow my rings aren't going to fit and I'm going to be putting my mouth under the faucet all day.

The bloat should be gone in a few days just in time for Thanksgiving. I asked my sister-in-law to bring the green olives.

2 comments:

  1. Now I have a craving for green olives...thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pippa, sorry. Don't fight it. Just get a jar and get it over with. :)

    ReplyDelete